Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My New Dining Room Table

I know, know. It's been awhile since I've posted. And you have all been eagerly waiting for an update...

Training is going well. I guess I'm not as out of shape as I thought I would be after the surgery :) I'm up to 4 mile runs on the treadmill. Yeah me!

My plan is to continue to train for the Stonyfield 5K race in April. After that, I'll focus on the other areas of the triathlon. You know, the whole learning to swim part and the buying a bike part. Don't worry, there's still plenty of time.

As some of you know, I live in a condo. Condo-dwellers sometimes have to make difficult choices due to the limited space. This is one of those examples.

Catch a rare first glimpse of my new dining room table -


There are some great advantages to this:
1) I don't have to go to the gym to lift weights
2) I don't have to go to the gym to lift weights
3) I don't have to go to the gym to lift weights

Now take a look at this angle. I think it makes a wonderful accent piece.


I know what you're thinking. "You don't have a dining room table! What about family dinner time?" Not a problem! The table is safely stored in the garage. All we need to do is re-assemble the mission oak sides and move the car out of the garage. Voila! Family dinner al fresco.

P.S. I have a really awesome husband because he's the one who bought this as part of his fitness routine. After dragging my feet at first, I'm just now realizing the benefits - I don't have to go to the gym to lift weights ;)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You can totally have family dinner time w/o the dining room table. We do it a lot.

Good luck with your training, Jenn!